Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Creative Space



This week, my creative space is my hallway. For those of you that have followed my progress with my welcome wall and telephone table, will know that I've been procrastinating. I'm happy to report, I'm almost finished - I just have the handles to do. And yes, I did say I was just going to re-stain it but we painted it white instead. I recovered the seat with a lovely green fabric and white polka dots.




If you look closely, you'll see the most adorable little owl on the telephone seat. It was made for my 6 year old by my very talented and gorgeous friend, Mel at Little Ted Canvas. Hooty, as he is referred to, sits on the seat, looking at the front door, waiting patiently for the arrival of my little girl on her return from school each day.




In addition to the telephone table makeover, I've been playing around with a few vintage pieces that my mum handed down to me recently. My hallway is now full of colour and fun. I love walking in the front door to be greeted by my creative little nook.

Oh, and if you're looking for some fun to be had on Saturday, check out my Handmade Christmas Challenge meme...starts this Saturday. Hope you can join in!


 
For more creative spaces, head to Kristy's at kootoyoo.

13 comments:

Beck said...

Sigh..your hallway is everything mine is not. Gorgeous, uncluttered and home to an adorable owl. Nice one! Enjoy your beautiful space xo

Ruby Star said...

It's looking very lovely. my hallway is bare apart from some paintings. that phone chair is a great find alright. nice work.

our shabby cottage said...

your hallway looks great and I love the tree decal on the wall.

Cat said...

It's looking good, the spotty green fabric with the white looks clean and crisp, really lovely. Very cute how Hooty sits waiting patiently for your little girl to arrive home:) xo

mel @ loved handmade said...

It's all looking so lovely! Your vintage pieces on the hall table look beautiful..

Kirsty said...

In my head I have a welcome wall (it's been started)but in reality our hall is really just a dumping ground for school bags, shoes & the like.

Your wall looks lovely.

Sarah B said...

It looks great! Our hallway will hopefully become our next reno project :)

Seaside Siblings said...

Oh I LOVE it, the table looks great and I am so coveting the owl.

yardage girl said...

Your space looks great, and you are so lucky to have such a wide, light hallway! Hootie is the best!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi there
Your little 'hooter' is a hoot.. love it!!! and love that sidetable... always found that style so sweet... imagine having to stay at the phone table these days???

Oh... and your Julia Gillard post.. had to laugh about the 'ranga vs rudd' although apolitcal here!!

Thanks for your comments.. you are so right.!!! if the shoe was on the other foot!! xxx Julie

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I'm so not in love with my hallway, you've inspired me to make an effort!! The bedroom hall way has a study nook, always pretty neat & fun there but the hall/ entrance, no sparkle. Love Posie

Paper Tree Studio said...

So glad I stumbled across your blog. Love your hallway, especially the decal. I also love op shopping ... look forward to your next post. I'm your newest follower! Have a great weekend. Michelle

Cherie said...

AaaaHhh Heaven ... total bliss to walk in to! I'd smile every time I arrived home - gorgeous, love your style ;)