Do you ever get into a rut where you start several projects at once, only to lose steam half way through? Over the last 6 months I have re-painted, re-stained and re-arranged up to pussy's bow, and now I'm plain tuckered out. I thought I'd share with you my projects hoping you can spur me on to finally finish them and show you the end result.
Let me begin this journey with...
The dreaded blue couch
I loved this blue couch when my husband and I first got married (10 years ago) and bought this for our home. Two kids later and I cringe at the stains and dirt that have turned this once fine looking couch into a uni student special. On the up side, its foundations are really solid, the cushions are stuffed with 100% duck down and it's like a sleeping pill to lie on. My children are still too young to lash out and buy a brand new couch as they'd trash it within a day. So, the next best thing is to recover it - however for the cost of reupholstering it, I'd be better off buying a new couch. A conundrum I hear you say! Yes, but I have found a solution. I’ve sourced some material to drape over the couch.
For the cushions, I found this gorgeous print at Spotlight.
As you can see from the photo, have tacked the material to the frame of the couch but cushions are yet to be done. Trouble is, I’m not even a novice sewer – I have a sewing machine but haven’t yet given it a spin. So, have sourced a local to assist but it’s still pretty expensive so will aim to get 3 – 4 cushions re-covered each fortnight.
I brought these two kitchen stools a few weeks back. Lovely husband of mine has sanded back and painted stool to the right. Need to source some more foam for the seats as they are too hard to sit on. Once this is done, I have material ready to cover it.
I brought this telephone table from a friend months ago. I’ve finally recovered the cushion but have been undecided about whether to paint or re-stain it. I posted about this back in April and many of you provided great suggestions on how to liven it up. We’ve decided to sand it back and re-stain.
Thanks to my lovely husband, the sanding is almost complete. Now I just need to re-stain it.
So that’s the honour roll of all DIY adventures rendered incomplete! Wish me luck in delving deep within my creative soul to muster up enough energy to complete these worthy projects.