Saturday, June 5, 2010

The love boat, exciting and new....





This is going to be the single most exciting thing that's happened to me all year. I'm prepared to right off the rest of the year knowing that nothing will compare to this one single event.

My gorgeous friend in Melbourne is turning forty and he has decided to celebrate this milestone by transforming his house into the Love Boat. He has removed all furniture from his home and has produced a set design that recreates the inner sanctum of the ships entertainment deck. He has invited 60 of his closest friends and family and has instructed us all that we need to arrive dressed as a Love Boat guest from the 70's. 

Thank goodness for google as I found a guest roll 200 long of those that featured on the Love Boat and whilst I was an avid watcher of the program, the only guest that I knew was.....

Zha Zha Gabor!!!

My girlfriend in Sydney is going as Zha Zha's sister, Eva and together we have spent weeks hunting and gathering 70's kitsch couture for this night of nights. 

I'll be sure to capture our transformation into 70's glamour and our journey to Alco poco whilst sipping champagne and mingling with the guests on the Love Boat. 

Enjoy your weekend. I know I will.

4 comments:

Justine de Jonge said...

This is way cool! Or should I say way cool daaarrrling ;o)

mel @ loved handmade said...

It's going to be fabulous! Have a ball...

Sarah B said...

That sounds like brilliant fun - have a fabulous time!
I used to love watching the Love Boat :)

BOB & MABEL said...

How much fun! Have a fabulous time.