Thursday, June 24, 2010

And the times, they are a changin'...


What a defining moment for Australian history with the appointment of our first, that's right, our first female Prime Minister. Former Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd stood down before a leadership ballot which was held early this morning. 

Lets hope Julia Gillard represents us well ladies.

As for having ginger hair, a group of Aussies felt their support was best heard with the catchy little slogan - "We'd rather have a Ranga than a Rudd!"

{Ranga- colloquial term for those sporting ginger hair}

3 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Ha, we used the same heading!

Cat said...

Wow I couldn't believe it when I heard that Rudd stood down. This is definitely an exciting moment in politics!

Between Me and You said...

I must let my son and my nephew know that they`re now officially `Rangas`!Hope your First Lady brings you better luck than ours did!