Sunday, June 6, 2010

Flea Market Find



Op Shopping on your own, discovering rare gems is one thing, enlisting your mother to scout on your behalf is another. Without any prompting, my mum found herself at a garage sale in Mentone where everything was for sale. To her delight, the whole house was decked out in shabby chic furniture, with nothing over $30. A few frantic calls to me, and she'd managed to fill her boot full of fantastic buys for my home. So this week I thought I'd share one my favourite pieces of furniture that has found a new home at my place.


For more Flea Market Finds, head over to Sophie's at  Her Library Adventures.

12 comments:

Kylie said...

Fab - well done to your Mm - what a find and looks great in it's new home.

Unknown said...

wow! Just up the road from me too, I'm sad I missed out on such a great Garage sale :)

mel @ loved handmade said...

Love it...show us the rest...

Catherine said...

hooray for your mum! looking forward to seeing the rest of the treasures in weeks to come!

BOB & MABEL said...

Good one Mum! That table is stunning.

Seaside Siblings said...

Wow, lucky girl! Your mum clearly has good taste!

nadine paduart said...

yes. of course. totally understand.

Nick said...

Just the key words, Garage Sale, everything, under $30, is enough to give me a chocolate rush! Good on you and your mum!

Snooze said...

Mentone is just down the road from me too ... when did you say your mother is next going on a scouting trip for you?
PS Your house looks so amazing. I'm totally jealous.
My Flea Market Find

mylittlebirdie said...

oh my you lucky lucky girl, my mum usually doesnt miss a trick but she missed a fabulous one here. what a gorgeous find! will be having words to my mother ; )

PJ said...

Very nice, did you have to do anything to restore it?

Abby said...

Ohh, gorgeous! I have one just like it - they're lovely, aren't they?