Saturday, July 31, 2010

Handmade Christmas Challenge


Where on earth did July go? Tomorrow signals the first day of August and five months before Christmas. In 8 weeks time, the stores will start loading up on Christmas gifts and that all too familiar Christmas song loop will start to raise its ugly head on every aisle at your local supermarket. I am determined for Christmas shopping not to scare the wits out of me this year.

I'm happy to report that I have done extremely well this week thanks to the amazing local talents of 5 Star, Baby and Bob and Mabel. They had a fantastic sale on Wednesday and I went a little nuts buying handmade Christmas gifts for our challenge this week. Here's just a few of them...

Gorgeous hair clips and ties for all the little girls in our extended family 
 Beautiful fabric pencil cases to add to my girls Christmas stockings.

There is a fabulous Christmas in July crafty corner going on here which has loads of crafting ideas that would kick start the most dormant of Christmas spirits. If Christmas Crafting is not your thing, you could try getting inspired by yule critters over here.

What wonderful creations are you making for Christmas? Have you spied someone else's creation that would be perfect for a loved one? Perhaps you need some help with a few ideas.To join in, just leave a comment and simply add your link below.You can join in anytime during the week. If you are new to this meme, click here for all the details on how to join in on this Handmade Christmas Challenge and feel free to grab my button.

{image}




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I don't have any Christmasy crafts going on right now, but it all sounds like so much fun!
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I sure do appreciate it! Your button for your party is cute!! I'm glad somebody else in Blogland agrees with me about the button thing. ;o)
Have a wonderful weekend!
~ Jo :)

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

Those gifts are beautiful! I love the collection of hair accessories and I had the pleasure of being stall neighbours with Katie from 5 Star Baby at the Sugar and Spice Market - all her products are divine!! Can't believe we'll be seeing Christmas stock in stores so sooon ---- ARRGGHH!!!

mel @ loved handmade said...

Gorgeous stocking fillers there are going to be some very happy little girls at your place this christmas!

Sandra :) said...

Those are sweet gifts - I love the fabrics! I remember a mushroom theme from the 70's - these ones are WAY cuter, lol!

Megan said...

lovely gifts! i just linked up my embroidered christmas napkins :)