Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sprucing up the backyard

A few weeks ago I decided that my little love seat in the backyard needed some TLC. With a couple of ideas up my sleeve, I headed for Spotlight.


I bought this great fabric....

and these scatter cushions...


Next stop was clark rubber to get some foam cut to size. A bit of extra padding for my weary bones when I decide to recline on my love seat, G&T in hand, watching the kids potter around in the garden. On the way home I stopped off at the beach and picked up some drift wood.



Viola, this is what I came up with.



It rained and rained today and as I kicked back, soaking up the warm smells of the humid rain, and a few glasses of cab sav's for good measure, I thought to myself...

"how bloody good is this!"

1 comment:

bee said...

Wow what an amazing difference! That just looks so inviting - like something out of a home magazine! Well done, I'll bet your new-look love seat gets plenty of use :)