Sunday, August 15, 2010

A random act of kindness


Many of us use blogging as a way to chronicle our lives of crafting, family, aspirations and dreams. When we create a masterpiece, we blog, when our loved one's enrich our lives, we blog about that too, and sometimes when we have a rough day, we share it with our blogging friends. 

And so last week I had an absolute horror of a few days and I blogged about it. I usually post about beautiful destinations and crafting mastery of others and don't tend to share much about my family. But on this day, I had had enough of trying to swallow my anxiety, willing the lump in my throat to go away so I shared it with you all. Two days later I received the most beautiful sentiment in the mail. A gorgeous handmade card with an original photograph and a lovely little butterfly (my post had mentioned that butterfly's make me happy). This gorgeous creation and the touching words of support and empathy, came from Cathie at m.e.

Cathie is an amazing woman. Her photography is beautiful and if you've ever visited her blog, you'd know that she is an absolute demon in the kitchen. Anyone familiar to her blog I'm sure would agree that there have been moments when you've had to wipe the saliva off your keyboard from drooling over her decadent chocolate cupcake triumphs. Cathie cooks from the heart and for her family and friends. It astounds me that she's never eaten a cupcake! That's love for you!


Thanks again Cathie for your beautiful card and touching words.


Trace x



9 comments:

Vic said...

Cathie IS amazing. Too amazing sometimes... she makes the rest of us look bad!

xo

nerines said...

Oh that is very lovely indeed! I hope your days have gotten better.
I haven't seen these wonderful, yummy cupcakes. I love cupcakes! All cakes really hehe.. :) xo

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

OH yes, of course, Cathie would do that, she's beautiful!! I've been too caught up in my own burglary dramas to read your tough week, sorry!! Guess what, same thing happened to me, Nic from Yardage Design sent me beautiful chocolates in the mail - ah, love LOVE L O V E this blogging world. I hope to meet Nic one day, in the flesh, ahhhh.
All the best, i'm getting on with life, it's tough, especially as we just lost another soldier this week & my husband is still overseas in the same war. Honestly, some days/ weeks/ months are extra tough to keep a smile on my face for the benefit of our 4 children. Thank goodness for the blogging world.
Hoping this week makes both of us super happy. Love Posie

mel @ loved handmade said...

She sure is sweet! Always popping by with encouraging words & gorgeous recipies to share...I hope you are taking it easy after a quiet night in & finding something heartwarming to do on this dreary old winters day...x

CurlyPops said...

Cathie is one of the sweetest people I ever did meet! I'm so glad that she was able to put a smile on your dial.

Cotton Kiwi said...

How wonderful. She did something sweet for another friend of mine too. I often wonder how she fits it all in. How wonderful to have such a lovely friend. I hope this week is better for you!

Justine de Jonge said...

what a beautiful thought. take care and i hope this week is full of sunshine for you all xx

Cathie said...

I read this the other day Trace & was in tears.. still am!
thank you for your sweet sweet post, I honestly know how you felt & wanted to make you smile even for a second.

hugs to you & happy week...you sweet thing

Sarah B said...

Oh how wonderful! Isn't blogland the most supportive, positive place!