Saturday, August 7, 2010

Handmade Christmas Challenge



A very simple yet rather symbolic ritual in our house at Christmas was when Grandma would pull out her beautiful old crockery and make us a big pot of tea to have with our plum pudding. I have continued the tradition although I really do miss the elegance and warmth in which my grandmother would pour us tea. 


Inspired by this memory, I thought of a perfect gift for some of my girlfriends which involves vintage jars, filled with a heady aroma of tea and Christmas spices. I plan to decorate the jars with personalised gift tags and my favourite quote:  

"Women are like teabags, they don't know how strong they are until they get into hot water". E. Roosevelt

I have found a great recipe for making your own Spiced Christmas Tea and thought I'd share it with you all:

2 Tablespoons of strong full-bodied tea
1 tea spoon ground ginger
1 cinnamon sticks broken into pieces
1 whole clove
1/2 teaspoon cardamon seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar

What wonderful creations are you making for Christmas? Have you spied someone else's creation that would be perfect for a loved one? Perhaps you need some help with a few ideas.To join in, just leave a comment and simply add your link below.You can join in anytime during the week. If you are new to this meme, click here for all the details on how to join in on this Handmade Christmas Challenge and feel free to grab my button.



5 comments:

angelina said...

hi, i love your tearecipe and the quote!! working on my christmas list now! i won some fa la la christmas felt this week on sew mama sew, and ordered the book, so next weeks its all about the christmas! xx

mylittlebirdie said...

i love that quote! and what a wonderful gift idea, will be adding that one to my list. looking forward to seeing them all decorated. hope you have a lovely weekend xo

p h o t o g r a p h y said...

what a gorgeous idea. I can smell it now.
what a mighty fine and strong women Eleanor Roosevelt, many a wise word spoken from her mouth!!

mel @ loved handmade said...

I do love that quote & how very true! I'm a little behind in my challenge this week - will get to thinking...

Sandra :) said...

I got some gift sewing done this week, plus I ordered fabric for little boy car mats - bit by bit, I'm getting there!