Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebrating Motherhood

On this special day that celebrates mothers all over the world, I wanted to give thanks for having two beautiful children. It wasn't that long ago that I was pregnant with my second and whilst I certainly wasn't the poster girl for pregnancy, every moment of morning sickness was worth it. Life would be quite insignificant without the love of my children. My life is so enriched and fulfilling with them in it.

When I contemplate the idea of having a third, I remind myself with this image that my body was a trooper housing a 9.5 pounder second time around, so why tempt fate and the stretch marks again!

 Before

 
 After 
(check out the nurse's expression!)


(top image via Mary Ruffle)

1 comment:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Awwww, that is just so very special! Little chubber & what a joy she is, they both are! Enjoy your Mother's Day xx