Thursday, March 3, 2011

My creative space

 I've had lots of fun this week creating. I've had this idea for quite some time however it's taken me a little while to source the right material. I'm not handy with a needle or a sewing machine for that matter, but I'd like to think I make up for that with the small creative contributions I make to our home. Bright and bold colours are starting to take over my bond white walls, and I'm loving it.
I love the old Masonite clipboards and found some at Officeworks for about $2.00 each. I bought some Velcro dots (the removal kind that you can easily take off a wall without damaging it), and then convinced my husband to help me hang them on the wall. His job was to ensure I hung them on the level with exact spacing (I capatalised on his fastidious approach which usually drives me nuts!).
One clipboard slowly became two, then three...you get the picture (no pun intended).

With all five clipboards in place, I then printed off some posters which were generously donated as downloads by Leanne, a friend of Make it Perfect. I plan to mix them up with some photos to give it a bit more balance but for now, the posters work well. 

My young children love them and it's a great way to encourage them to read. 

 For more creative spaces, head over here.

14 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I love that idea - what a great way to be able to chop and change your artworks!

My Handmadehappiness said...

wow so simple yet very effective :)

A Treasured Past said...

What a great idea! How cool to interchange the kids paintings and pictures, if they are anything like my kids, you would have a massive pile :)

Peta said...

great idea ... LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I love it!

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Fantastic idea! They look great.

BOB & MABEL said...

I love the old clipboards too, they look amazing on the wall like that.

Seaweed and Raine said...

I have those same bussrolls on my "to Print" list. They are cool aren't they? I love the clip boards - what a great idea! Thanks for sharing it! :)

mel @ loved handmade said...

Clever you, they look great!

Brianna said...

Wow! That is amazing! Such a great idea.

Photography said...

Neat Idea! Looks great.

Heidi said...

Thats amazing....LOOOOOVE IT!
and you can change it with the seasons or your moods....hmmmm where could I do this,wow, what an inspiration today!

Shell said...

What a great idea! They look lovely. So bright and encouraging.

anyaadores said...

That's a fab idea - loving it:)
I just found your blog and you have something amazing going on here - I am your newest follower, as I would love to see what you come up with next;o) Have a look at my blog, if you like it maybe you will follow too!!
Happy weekend
A xx
http://anyaadores.blogspot.com