Sunday, February 27, 2011

Flea Market Find

I've pulled out of my closest a dear and treasured flea market find from many years ago. I bought this at a vintage warehouse in Melbourne and pull it out every chance I get when winter descends. Whilst it's quite beady and certainly not to everyone's taste, I tone it down by wearing a black singlet or t-shirt underneath with black pants.

I've never been very good at explaining material or the style of clothes - in fact I'm absolutely hopeless. The best I can give you is that I think this is angora, lined with silk with a delicate beaded pattern. Those far more eloquent than I, feel free to embellish on this mediocre description! After all, its so luxurious to wear and I've by no means given it justice!

For more flea market finds head over to Sophie's.

7 comments:

Nelly said...

And is gorgeous and much sought after I have a couple of black ones and have had others(one was yellow and one white) that the moths liked more so beware of those rodents.I missed out on a red one last year silly me.

Lyndel said...

Oh it's lovely. I had one in the late 1960s. I always called them Hong Kong beaded cardis, cause that is where mine came from.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Gorgeous beadwork on that cardi (50s I would guess). They are very expensive here

Unknown said...

adorable, I love it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! What beautiful detail x

nadine paduart said...

me thinks you have described that cardigan quite accurate! and it looks a stunner too. also loving your anodised thingies from last week, by the way!

A Treasured Past said...

Beautiful!