Monday, October 11, 2010

At what stage do you call it a fetish?


Strolling around my house today I suddenly realised that I have quite the collection of bird inspired homewares. I've always loved birds but didn't quite realise until today that perhaps I'm bordering on obsessive.

I bought these original screen prints over here off Etsy.

This was my first bird purchase - a wall decal in our living room. You can find them here.


I found these shadow boxes at a garage sale. I painted them and added, yep...another bird! My DIY post is over here.


 My mother bought the quail from the Eumundi markets in Queensland. I do hope no birds were harmed in the making of this polystyrene creature. The small note bird was an Etsy purchase from Natalie Kibbe at Humblebea.


A bird softy to hang on my heart memorabilia holder that hangs on the wall in our kitchen.


Our latest purchase, Gold Birch drum shades from ink & spindle.

So, how do you determine if this is just a healthy interest in birdlike animalia or some kind of weirdo fetish?

5 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

All lovely, I don't think one can have too many birds...unless they're real, then it's a bit freaky! I think it's safe to say you have a 'love' of birds..obsession or fetish - it doesn't matter xx

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Ok so that is more birds than average, but if you love them, what's the harm?? It's like a mixed media of birds, what's not to love at your place?? Love Posie

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I agree Obsession/Fetish whats the harm?? BTW I thought it was a fetish if it involved lewd behaviour (which I'm assuming yours doesn't) ;-) I am obsessed with wool and knitting as my husband keeps telling me, at least my obsession is at home I tell him...LOL!

Thrifted Treasure said...

I think you know you've crossed the line when you start to think of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" as a romantic comedy ;-p

dash robin said...

I just say more power to you sister! Go the birds! I have always loved birds and am excited more of them are appearing in homewares and artworks(even my own, he,he) thanks for your sweet comments about my brooches! Xo Kate